A note of a shopaholic
First of all, to ensure safety experienced shoppers advise for online shopping to create a separate plastic card and store a small amount on it. From the cards, the most convenient in this case will be Visa Classic or MasterCard Standard.
“In no case do you get Visa Electron and Maestro cards, which seem to have been created specifically for Internet payments, many shops do not accept them for payment,” warns stylist and shopper Mikhail Gushinets.
With this card you can make electronic payments. The most popular payment system in the world, with which almost all online stores work, is PayPal, owned by the largest online auction eBay. It is popular primarily because of its simplicity and security. Plus, there is a full-fledged interface in Russian.
The third technical point is the choice of the method of delivery: by Russian Post or by courier services (FedEx, DHL, TNT). Courier services deliver the parcel on average twice as fast and twice as expensive. In general terms from a week to two months, the price of 10 to 40 dollars.
Also, it is not recommended to exceed the purchase price limit, which is not subject to customs duties. Until quite recently, there was very little time to clear out: the limit was 10,000 rubles per individual using state mail and 5,000 using courier services. From July 1, 2010, it is $ 1,000 per month for one individual. “If this amount is exceeded, it will be necessary to pay tax at customs clearance (30-60% of the parcel cost) – it’s better not to exceed the amount, it’s a big hassle,” advises Mikhail Gushinets.
Internet shopping can save time, but only if you are already well familiar with it and freely navigated to English-language sites. Otherwise, you need an intermediary – a person who makes a purchase for you. “I find intermediaries on Molotok.ru, where sellers have a rating and verification – all their data is from the admins. So if something happens, Molotok.ru will drag them through the courts, “said Christina, an avid Internet shopper.
Many intermediaries offer their services in social networks, as well as on forums. It is believed that a reliable intermediary can be found on the forum site Sibmama in the section “Foreign purchases”: being a developed community, “mummies” basically know each other, and the possibility of random randomties there is not very large.
As a rule, the intermediary is paid from 10 to 18% of the order amount. The entire amount for the goods (price on the site + delivery +% of the intermediary) is transferred on a prepayment and wait for three to five weeks.
The catalog of shops
where you can make purchases, the darkness, but most often mentioned are:
1. www.eBay.com – the most popular. It is considered a leader in assortment, convenience and reliability, but not everyone is happy with this site. “Overall I did not like it, because the clothes were not very good quality. Some things have been going on for more than a month. I ordered spirits, it was more expensive than in shops in Spain, but the product is exclusive, it was worth it, you can not buy it anywhere else, “Ekaterina said, who regularly uses the Internet to buy clothes.
2. www.asos.com– designer clothes of old collections with good discounts (clothes, shoes, accessories, watches, cosmetics). Detailed catalog with video models. “I like this store very much, but often I do not guess with the sizes: there are many designers represented, the sizes at them differ”, Elena, active forumchanin of a site Sibmama.ru has shared.
3. www.victoriassecret.com – dresses and underwear from a brand not represented in Novosibirsk. This site was mentioned by all interviewed Internet shoppers. Praise for low prices. Cons: it happens that the dress is rapidly stretched and loses its shape. It is important to be alert and with sizes. “Vika (victoriassecret.-ZK) is much more decent,” Elena cautions, “there is a section called pink, where I even have XS, although I usually take 42”.
4. www.6pm.com– very popular site, a lot of sales, a large selection of shoes in the area of 1000 rubles. “The thing can come with minor flaws, I had it only once and a scratch on sandals was not very visible, so I left them,” – says Elena.
5. www.shopstyle.com – a huge number of links to sales. They advise you to take shoes: a handy vertical catalog of models, links to photos of which lead to different sites, where they are currently sold at a discount. Buy shoes for 1000 rubles, however, it is unlikely to succeed, but if you like brands, then you here: “You can take steep shoes for $ 300, when they are in Novosibirsk, say, $ 1000, shipping costs $ 50”, summarizes Christina .
Do not guess with the size of the clothes or shoes.In good online stores, as a rule, there are tables of sizes with detailed parameters in sentiment (chest girth, sleeve length, etc.). If, however, the thing does not come in the wrong sizes, Mikhail advises to act like this: “We contact the store support service, describe the situation and send photographs of the measurements, where the disparity of the dimensions is clearly visible. Stores easily return money to the card. I have such experience. ” In the case of shoes advised to focus on the length of the foot on the insole, because the sizes in different brands often do not match.
Wait for the weather at the sea.From abroad, the parcel can go from three weeks to two months. It may be the fault of the post office or intermediary. “Once I ordered a jacket, the parcel did not come for a long time, the seller was taking the time, but after a month and a half she returned the money,” says Christina.
Become a shopaholic. “Oh, this is a sick subject! Only comes the order, I’m doing a new one. It’s like a drug. I’ve never been a shopaholic, “Christina confides. Trying once, many almost completely go to shopping on the Internet. “I have Dolce & Gabbana jeans for $ 180,” Elena said, “I rarely buy in stores now.”