Designer Chelsea Goldman founded CF. Goldman in 2014. Goldman grew up in New York City and was educated in London at Central Saint Martins and London College of Fashion.
Goldman honed her skills at various houses including Proenza Schouler, Narciso Rodriguez, and Celine. Her experience at Celine working both in Paris and London informed the unique blend of cultures that translates into each of CF. Goldman’s collections.
CF. Goldman’s unique sensibility thrives upon its tension between the European high concept design community and New York’s energetic expertise in sportswear.
About the job
Seeking a proactive assistant to support in design ideation and execution of the new collections. We are an extremely small team looking for support in all areas including but not limited to
- shop local fabric and trim stores
- go to fabric appointments and pick up samples
- source imagery and research for the new collection with direction of designers
- help with organization and presentation of research boards
- lat sketching on CAD and organization and updating of line sheets
- assisting and taking notes in fittings
- organizing of seasonal fabrics and inspiration images
KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING REQUESTED:
- Clear and efficient communication skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and forward thinking.
- High taste and design level
- Strong CAD skills
- Working towards of have a BA or BFA in womenswear
- LANGUAGES: English
- Must be able to intern for at least 2-3 days a week