Wetherly Group – is a New York and Los Angeles based public relations and digital agency known for our dynamic, forward thinking approach to traditional PR.
Results-driven and fully integrated we create compelling campaigns and quality strategic editorial placement across print, digital, social, and celebrity mediascapes. @wetherlygroup
The Account Coordinator position is responsible for providing entry-level support for multiple account teams. Work includes ownership of client coverage reports, sample trafficking, developing media lists, monitoring trends, reviewing publications, executing client giftings and some media relations support.
The position assists in building, implementing, managing and reporting on effective communication programs for clients. The role requires excellent time management and communication skills, organization, and a curiosity of the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors, tracks and reports editorial and social media coverage for multiple clients.
- Sample trafficking for clients using Fashion GPS
- Finds and flags stories while monitoring media and suggesting opportunities to client teams.
- Identifies pitching opportunities.
- Develops accurate lists of the most appropriate journalists and bloggers for outreach.
- Maintains and updates existing media lists.
- Writes and proofreads media materials and pitches.
- Reviews publications and identifies trends.
- Assists multiple client teams in media relations and execution of PR programs.
- Proactively identifies and pursues ideas for contributing to the team, group and agency.
- Supports agency content development and marketing efforts.
- Volunteers to take the first step in new projects, e.g., summarizes meeting notes or conducts research for missing information.
- Event support (managing RSVP lists, on site check ins, etc.)
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Volunteers to help co-workers on projects before being asked.
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and continues to seek knowledge and information.
- Operates with independence but knows when to seek advice.
- Closes the loop on assignments and notifies team members when action items are complete.
- Successfully multitasks within collaborative team structure and open work environment.