Henna brows are a form of eyebrow tinting that is used to stain the skin beneath the brow hairs. The purpose of this is to cast a shadow or create an illusion of depth and fullness in the area, visually filling in any sparseness.
What are henna brows?
What does the henna brow process involve?
The henna brow process is generally quick and easy. It should only take about 30 minutes.
You sculpt your brow line into your preferred shape via wax and tweeze method, then select a suitable henna shade to use. Henna powder and rose water are mixed together to create a paste, which is then applied through the shape of your eyebrows and allowed to soak into the skin for 15-25 minutes. Less intensity is applied that the beginning of the brow, with more strength in the arch and tail for an ombré effect.
How long do henna brows last and how do you maintain them?
The results of henna brows typically last between 2-4 weeks, but it’s dependant on your skin type. If you have a dryer complexion, henna brows will tend to last a bit longer than they would on someone with an oily complexion.
To maintain them for as long as possible, its important to not over-wash your face. You can also purchase conditioners and oils to help them last longer. The more brow hair the better – people with little hair in their brows won’t see as long lasting results!
#1. They are natural. A lot of people use henna because it’s a natural alternative to chemical hair dyes and eyebrow tints.
#2. They colour the skin. While this may be a drawback for hair dyes, henna’s ability to stain the skin is definitely a pro as far as brow tints are concerned. When applied correctly, henna creates a stain underneath the brow that helps create the illusion of fuller and darker eyebrows. This is as close to microblading as you can get when you tint your brows at home.
#3. They save time and money. With eyebrow tinting kits, you don’t have to go to a salon to get your eyebrows done. Just mix the powder with water and apply it to your eyebrows with a brush, creating any shape you want.
Tips for choosing the colour!
• Blonde: honey blonde colour, for the light to medium-tinted skin and blonde to dark blonde eyebrows. Depending on the undertones of skin, the colour may turn warmer or cooler.
• Golden Brown: a light, golden brown tint. Wonderful for redheads. Perfect for light to medium skin and anyone with cool eyebrows less beautiful.
• Light Brown: dark ash blonde/brown, cooler and darker than blonde. Perfect for medium skin and blonde to dark-blonde brows.
• Medium Brown: nicely dark brown colour, not too warm but certainly not too cool. Perfect for the tinted skin tone and blonde to dark-blond eyebrows.
• Dark Brown: an intense cool colour. Especially for the tinted to dark skin tone. And anyone who loves dark eyebrows!