At the start of 2017, Archie and his legendary crew from the long-running comic series were resurrected in rare form. CW’s new hit series Riverdale is a teen drama inspired by the classic archetypes from the original tales. if you’re a fan wanting to share a favorite scene or just trying to find the perfect Riverdale quote to capture the moment, then look no further.
Also see our article How To Repost Videos on Instagram
There’s a character for every occasion.
This football player meets musician isn’t as perfect as he seems, but he’s still a pretty stand-up guy.
- “You can’t go through life trying not to get hurt.”
- “Don’t underestimate her. And don’t bet against her.”
- “You are so perfect. I’ll never be good enough for you.”
- “From now on, we’re protecting our own.”
- “I was born alone. I’ll die alone. I’ll sing alone. I’ll be OK.”
- “We will find you, we will hunt you, and we will end you.”
Archie’s best friend brings the high school “lone wolf” to the next level.
- “Have you ever seen me without this stupid hat on?”
- “In case you haven’t noticed, I’m weird.”
- “I self-identify as a loner.”
- “Sardonic humor is just my way of relating to the world.”
- “You’re so much stronger than all of the white noise.”
- “I don’t fit in, and I don’t wanna fit in.”
- “To be discussed over many burgers and many days…”
- “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, especially not when there’s a snake curled up in its limbs.”
- “We’re not gonna hug in front of this whole town. So why don’t we just both do that bro thing where we nod like douches and mutually suppress our emotions?”
- “There’s that old cliche saying – ‘It’s always darkest before the dawn.’ But sometimes there’s just darkness.”
- “That’s the common misconception about fairy tales. They very rarely have a happy ending.”
A goodie two-shoes to her core, Betty still manages to have a little sour in her sweet.
- “Who would’ve thought at the beginning of the year that we would all become great friends?”
- “I do everything for everyone. Everything to be perfect.”
- “Can I just do this one thing for me?”
- “We’re both so lucky, I mean, don’t you think? To have found the people that we’re meant to be with?
- “I’m not gonna stop until I prove it.”
The polar opposite of Betty, Veronica’s referential humor tells it like it is.
- “I don’t follow the rules. I make them. And when necessary, I break them.”
- “I’m Breakfast at Tiffany’s, but this place is strictly In Cold Blood.”
- “You may be a stock character from a 90s teen movie, but I’m not.”
- “Can’t we just liberate ourselves from the tired dichotomy of jock, artist. Can’t we, in this post-James Franco world, be all things at once?”
- “You wanted fire? Sorry, my specialty is ice.”
- “If the Manolo Blahnik fits…”
- “You want to know what happens when a Louboutin heel steps on a snake?”
- “I need to know my dad’s life, and he needs to know mine.”
The mean-spirited Cheryl is possibly the only other girl in Riverdale who can dish it out quite like Veronica.
- “I need girls with fire on my squad.”
- “I’m in the mood for chaos.”
- “Sorry to interrupt the sad breakfast club.”
- “Listen up fives, a ten is speaking.”
- “I think she’s crazier than a serial killer on bath salts.”
- “If you breathe, it’s because I give you air.”
- “You’ve got the vocabulary of a baked potato.”
- “Did you really think you could party without inviting moi?”
- “Want to team up for a little destruction?”
- “You’re welcome to challenge me, but you’ll lose.”
This openly-gay and observant young teen can sometimes see the other characters better than they see themselves.
- “Let’s start with skinny dipping and see what happens.”
- “In real life, what you see is what you get.”
- “You live in this pale pink world of milkshakes and first kisses.”
- “If you can’t accept what I do, whatever I do, then we’re just…we’re not really friends.”
- “Betty’s ponytail is iconic and beyond reproach.”
Josie and her Pussycats are characterized by power, passion, and perseverance.
- “Alright girl, go get changed. ‘Cause we’re gonna rock it!”
- “Read my glossed lips – not gonna happen.”
- “Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.”
- “We have to claw our way into the same room you can just waltz into.”
If none of these characters speak to your Instagram feed, then there are plenty others to choose from. After all, Riverdale leaves no character concept unexplored.