You may be looking for confirmation about a direction to take or you might have lost a loved one and asking for a sign that they’re ‘still here’, if they’re still around in some way and even if they can help.
I remember asking, out loud, into thin air, “please show me that you’re here, something, so I know you’re not gone…” – within ten seconds a little blue and yellow bird (his favourite colours) flew by me and perched on me and that was the reassurance I needed, it brought comfort and peace.
The universe wants you to feel supported and know how connected you are so there will always be some kind of response to your plea for guidance, clarity or help. However, the answers that we ask for come in all shapes and sizes, and all it takes is a little heightened awareness, an open mind and, of course, being more present to notice them.
My work as a medium involves a lot of subtle signs. Giving messages and evidence from loved ones who have passed takes a lot of trust, because the energetic dialog can be so subtle. Attuning to spirit through raising my vibration to a much higher frequency allows me access to sights, sounds, feelings, sensations and information beyond the ‘normal’ physical level.
Although this is something I have always experienced, psychic energy is unique to all of us, and everyone can access it, albeit to varying degrees. This means you can bring the mystical into your everyday experience just by being more open to your own natural ability and trusting what comes into your awareness. The Universe may not have a hotline of communication set up with you (yet), so it takes a little effort from you to make your senses available and a start is by being more present which, combined with positive intention, will naturally raise your vibration.
The signs that are sent for you will be completely individual to you, however there are some signs that will reoccur and a few that are almost universal.
Here are some of the most common..
- Often loved ones who have died from a debilitating illness like cancer, for example, will show themselves as a lively little bird, energetically flying around to convey their freedom, displaying that their soul is light again – unconfined and unbound.
- Another message might be seeing pennies everywhere, shiny coins catching your attention and showing up in pockets and places you wouldn’t expect, stopping you in your tracks.
- Hearing a specific song completely by chance that reminds you of someone that keeps coming on at times when you are thinking of them is another sign.
- Synchronicity also plays a part – prayers or thoughts of the person are like direct messages to their energy, so sometimes a sign that is totally personal, that you might only associate with that one person will appear to let you know they hear those thoughts and prayers.
- This is the same with your angels and guides, as they also send you signs of support, especially when you are asking for guidance, confirmation about a decision or direction to take. Signs from your angels can be pure white feathers, white butterflies or a stunning flower that you simply have to stop to appreciate and be comforted by its beauty.
Those are just a few examples, the signs can even be subtle physical sensations, like a warmth on your back, or tingles and goosebumps – it’s up to you to start noticing, trusting and accepting.