The aromatic mix of ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg and the moist cloud-like texture of the doughnuts make these irresistible.
Despite everything this year has thrown at us, we’re making it a point to hold on to our beloved holiday traditions more than ever (and even starting some new ones!), because that’s what makes this time of year so special. So, whatever you do, dough-nut stop believing in the magic of the holidays, especially the sweets!
Nothing gets you in the holiday spirit like the warm and cozy flavors of the season, and gingerbread is always at the very top of that list. These gingerbread doughnuts are the perfect treat to bake for your loved ones or roommates to snack on while unwrapping gifts or watching Christmas movies.
- For the Doughnuts:
1 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup organic cane sugar
1/12 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup greek yogurt
2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- For the Frosting:
3 tablespoons of butter
3 cups of powdered sugar
2 ounces of cream cheese
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 tablespoons of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients and mix well. I used a hand mixer to make it easier but feel free to mix by hand.
- Spoon the dough into a nonstick doughnut mold.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While doughnuts are baking, mix together your icing.
- Allow doughnuts to cool and then drizzle with icing.
Category Desserts, Doughnuts
Yield 12 doughnuts
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 19 minutes, 59 seconds