There are few moments in life as exciting as being engaged. Deciding you’ve found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with is no small matter, and from the moment you (or your significant other) says yes to the question, your life changes forever. The months after accepting a ring will be filled with anxieties, preparation, and lots of work as you choose a date, a venue to be married at, and plan the entire event for your family, friends, and other assorted loved ones. By the time the magic date arrives, you’ll be one part exhausted, one part excited, and one part filled with love for the person you’re choosing to marry.
Also see our article How To Center Your Instagram Bio
From the moment of engagement to the first kiss at the end of the ceremony, there’s plenty of joy to be had and gained. In our social media-fueled society of 2018, you’ll want to share every step of your journey with those closest to you. There’s really no better social network these days than Instagram, the ubiquitous photo sharing network owned by Facebook but largely kept as its own thing. Instagram allows you to share moments from your life with a photos and videos, and attaching captions to your post helps share a specific moment of your life with more context. If you’re looking to share the journey from engagement to marriage with your friends and followers on Instagram but you’re having a difficult time coming up with a good caption for your moments, we’ve got you covered.
Whether you’re capturing the moment your significant other popped the question, the hours of meticulous and demanding wedding planning in the months leading up to your special day, or the various candid moments of your wedding taken throughout the night and into the reception, you’ll need some captions for your images. We’ve covered everything you could need below, so if you’re looking for some inspiration, look no further than our list of Instagram-friendly captions for your favorite wedding photos and videos.
Announcing your engagement on social media is the easiest way to spread the news about your pending nuptials – or at least, it’s easier than calling all your distant relatives to let them know. Posting on Instagram allows you to select multiple photos or videos in one post, share directly to other networks like Facebook and Twitter, and most importantly, include a caption to further explain your pictures. If you’re looking for a cheeky caption to add onto your engagement announcement, or just want some ideas for what you could say, check out some of these captions below to really make your engagement post pop!
- Does this ring make me look engaged?
- Little things make big days.
- Pop the champagne; I’m changing my last name.
- (S)he just got real.
- Still falling for you, even harder than before.
- And so, our adventure truly begins here.
- He asked. I said “about time.”
- Finally, he put a ring on it!
- Keep calm, and put a ring on.
- When I said I DO, I didn’t mean laundry.
- Pop the bubbly; I’m getting a hubby.
- Level up.
- Diamonds are forever, and so is this love.
- The next stage of our life.
- Two less fish in the sea; one more lock and key.
- I couldn’t pick a weirder, more lovable person to spend the rest of my life with.
- In the end, (he/she/they) was always the one for me.
Once the big day arrives, you’ll want some captions to mark the occasion. You’re gonna have dozens of photos from the day, and you’ll need some captions in order to properly post the images online. Whether it’s of you and the love of your life, you and your bridesmaid or groomsmen, the wedding party in general, or candid photos and snapshots of your guests, you’ll want to make sure you have a caption for every occasion. Here are some of our favorite wedding and marriage-themed captions.
- And the adventure continues…
- Ready to get wed, white, and boozed with the love of my life.
- Here’s to love, laughter, and happily ever after.
- Together is a beautiful place to be.
- The best is yet to come.
- And in one moment, our hearts become one.
- A kiss is something to build a dream on.
- My mother told me to pick the very best one, and I did.
- With my whole heart for my whole life
- I found the one whom my soul loves.
- Achievement unlocked: Together Forever.
- Every love story is beautiful, but ours is the best one.
- I can’t think of anyone I would want to spend my life with more than you.
- I’ll be there from when you wake up to when you lie your head down to rest.
- You were love at first swipe.
- Guess I’m living with a boy now.
Starting Your Family Together
One of the best things about getting married is getting to start your own family with the person you love. How you do that is up to you – having kids, moving to a new location, or simply enjoying life together through work, vacation, weekends and more. Whatever you choose to make your family out of, consider some of these family-based captions for your wedding photos as a way to announce the world that you and your new partner have emerged as a team.
- Together we make a family.
- You are the family I choose.
- Family: we may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
- Families are like fudge: mostly sweet with lots of nuts.
- You call it chaos; we call it family.
- Family is like music; there are some high notes and some low notes, but it’s always a beautiful song.
To Your Special Someone
Dedicating your captions to the institution of marriage is great, but if you want to make it a little more personal, you can use this opportunity to dedicate your special day to your partner in crime, the person you love enough to spend the rest of your life with. After all, marriage isn’t about the wedding itself but the promise you make to each other to spend the rest of your lives with one another.
- We go together like cake and icing.
- You are my today and all of my tomorrows.
- Home is wherever I’m with you.
- My love for you is a journey; starting at forever and ending at never.
- Thank you for reminding me what butterflies feel like.
- With you, I’ve forgotten my problems and learned to embrace love.
- Meet my partner in crime, the love of my life.
- I feel like everything in my life has led me to this, right now and right here.
- I hope for as long as we stay together, that I always remain someone you wish to love unrelentlessly.
- For the first time, I see what the rest of my life looks like. And it looks a lot like you.
- I can’t imagine not standing here right now, in this moment, holding your hand, waiting for the rest of our lives to start.
Standard captions are great, but punctuating an image or video with a famous quote about love truly helps to make your special moment feel a bit more elevated than any old quote. Here’s a few of our favorites from some of the best literature to date.
- “I love you and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Any day spent with you is my favorite day.” – A.A Milne
- “The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you.” – Rumi
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” – Rita Rudner
- “Now join your hands, and with your hands you heart.” – William Shakespeare
Your wedding day – and your engagement, for that matter – are all special moments in your life, so we hope that some of these captions helped to established the right mood and tone for your photos and videos showing off your love for the person you were lucky enough to marry. Whether you’re looking for something funny, sweet, loving, or somewhere in the middle of all three, we hope our guide to marriage captions for Instagram helped you make the perfect post. Which of the captions on the list were your favorites? Let us know in the comments below, and make sure to check back for new captions every so often!