It’s July, which means we’ve already spent the past two months hanging by the pool and travelling to the beach, and while it might just be the beginning of spring throughout much of the United States, you can bet that beaches all over the world will soon be filled with tourists, locals, and anyone else looking to get away from their troubles for a day to spend a relaxing moment by the beach. Whether you’re looking to hang out with your friends, enjoy some time with your significant other drinking margaritas in the sun, or you just want to enjoy the view and feel the water on your feet, heading out to a day at the beach is one of the favorite pastimes of people around the world, and you can bet it’s one of the best places to take photos of you and your friends relaxing, swimming, and having a good time.
Also see our article 115 Best Friend Picture Captions & Quotes for Instagram
Whether you’re looking for a sunny place to catch up on some reading, or you just want want to have a great day with the people you love, you’ll want to take some photos of the beach to remember your time in the sun and in the water. Posting those images on Instagram is a must, but if you’re concerned you aren’t sure what your caption for the images should be, don’t worry: we have you covered. Whether you’re looking for a classic joke, a pun-filled comment to accompany your statements, or something a little bit more sentimental, these are some of our favorite beach-themed captions for when you travel to the sandy short – or for when you’re missing the feeling of sand between your toes. Let’s take a look.
Look, not everyone loves puns, and that’s okay. Wordplay that makes you roll your eyes can be hilarious, groan-worthy, or something that falls in between. Everyone reacts differently to a good pun, but almost everyone has some amount of appreciation for them, and that’s what makes them work paying attention towards. Every caption below has a whimsical pun to accompany your photos, and while it may make your friends and family use the eyeroll emoji more than they’d like, it’ll get a reaction – and likely a laugh – all the same.
- Girls Just Want to Have Sun!
- Seas the Day!
- Tropic like its hot.
- Resting Beach Face.
- If there’s a will, there’s a wave.
- Shell we dance?
- Beach life is shore perfect.
- Adios beaches!
- Water we doing here?
- Beach you to it.
- You used to call me on my shellphone.
- The beach gives me porpoise.
- Water we waiting for!
Beach Time Rhymes
Puns definitely aren’t everyone’s sense of humor, so if you’re looking for something that might fit your style a bit more than these, check out some of the rhyming captions below. By using rhyming and alliteration, they serve up a sense of fun that won’t have anyone sneering at your pun-fueled jokes. Plus, they come attached with a fun sense of poetry, something you can’t say for every random post on Instagram. Check out some of our favorite rhyming captions for beaches below!
- The lower the latitude the better the attitude.
- Let the sea set you free.
- An ocean breeze puts the mind at ease.
- Let the waves hit your feet and the sand be your seat.
- Sandy toes. Sunkissed nose.
- Don’t need a man if you’ve got a tan.
- Palm trees and 80 degrees.
- You, me, a drink and the sea.
- Palm trees. Ocean breeze.
- A pineapple a day keeps the worries away.
- The sun and the sand and a drink in my hand.
Fun and Sun
If we clear the puns and we clear the rhyming, we’re left with some classic humor to fill in the blanks. Sometimes you don’t want a gimmick for your post; you just want some good old-fashioned humor to help people have a laugh when sliding through your feed. And that’s okay too! Even if puns aren’t your thing, and rhyming leaves you whining (sorry), we think you’ll enjoy some of these captions below.
- Gone to the beach. Be back never.
- I’ll have a side of beach with my morning coffee.
- How to be a beach body: 1. Have a body 2. Go to the beach.
- Currently pretending I’m at the beach.
- Life, love, and the pursuit of the next beach trip.
- Eat. Beach. Sleep. Repeat.
- You had me at aloha.
- Beach more – worry less.
- Life is better in a bikini.
- More salty than the sea.
- I think we’re all agreed: Monday out. Beach in.
Moving away from humor altogether, we have some inspirational and artistic quotes for you to consider. While posting humor may be some people’s thing, adding a bit of flair to the caption or posting text within the image on the display can really help anyone looking for some calming and soothing content for their posts. Not everyone has to try and be a comedian, and if that’s not your thing, here’s the best way to spread some inspiration using your Instagram feed.
- Life is a beach, I’m just playing in the sand.
- Salt water cures all wounds.
- Even filled with clouds, this beach can’t bring me down.
- Dreams are made of sun and sand.
- Memories are made in flip flops.
- You can shake the sand from your shoes but not from your heart.
- The tans will fade but the memories will last forever.
- Life’s a wave – catch it!
- I want to run the beach’s length, because it never ends.
- The beach is calling, and I must go.
- It was love at first sight the day I met the beach.
- Live by the sea. Love by the moon.
- B.E.A.C.H = Best Escape Anyone Can Have
- Do you want to build a sandcastle?
- Time seems different at the beach. All too fast, yet somehow, all too slow.
Part of Your World
Finally, we have something a bit unique to the beach and the joy of swimming along through the ocean. There’s nothing more related to the beach and the ocean than the idea of mermaids, mythical creatures romanticized through recent history as lovesick creatures floating below the surface. Using mermaid iconography and some inspiration from films like The Little Mermaid or Aquamarine, you too can pretend to be a mermaid swimming deep below the ocean surface. So if the captions above don’t float your boat (again, sorry), maybe these will help serve you just a bit better. Let’s take a look.
- Mermaid vibes.
- Mermaids only.
- There are a million fish in the sea, but me? I’m a mermaid.
- Every girl deserves to feel like a princess, but I want to feel like a mermaid.
- You can’t swim with us.
- There are plenty of fish in the sea, but I’m a mermaid.
- Be a mermaid, and make waves.
- Someday I’ll be / part of your world.
- Always be yourself. Unless you can be a mermaid. Then always be a mermaid.
- Mermaids have more fun.
- If your thighs touch, you are one step closer to being a mermaid.
- A smooth sea never made a skilled mermaid.
Some people simply don’t like the beach, and you’ll likely find that no matter how witty, hilarious, or unique your captions are that they’ll be won over by the sun and surf. Hopefully your images, combined with the captions we’ve shared above, help to get your friends out to the beach a bit more often, even if it takes some persistence and persuasion on your part to get them there. Remember, the beach is a place of love, joy, happiness, and above all, warmth, so have an excellent time while working on your tan and remember not to let the stresses of everyday life bring you down.
See a caption you really like, or do you have a personal beach favorite? Let us know in the comments below, and check back regularly for updates with more of our favorite beach captions!