But her talents don’t end on screen. Acting aside, Millie has appeared in campaigns with Pandora, Moncler and Calvin Klein, and has starred in Sigma and Birdy’s single, Find Me.
The actress is also UNICEF’s youngest-ever Goodwill Ambassador and the youngest person to feature on the Time 100 list.
Millie Bobby Brown burst onto the scene in 2013 when she made her acting debut in fantasy drama Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. By 2016, she had become one of Hollywood’s hottest names after starring as Eleven in hit sci-fi series, Stranger Things.
To celebrate her 16th birthday, we’ve documented how Millie became a global superstar before the age of 16. And yes, she has depressingly achieved more in her short lifetime than most of us. You go girl!
- In 2013, Millie secured her first screen job playing Young Alice from Alice in Wonderland in an episode of ABC’s Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.
- Before hitting the big time, the budding actress boasted roles in Modern Family and Grey’s Anatomy.
- Millie became an overnight household name in 2016 when she appeared in Stranger Things as Eleven.
- The star added to her roster of achievements when starred in the music video for Sigma and Birdy’s single, Find Me, in November 2016.
- In February 2017, Millie was signed to IMG Models. Since then, she has secured high-profile campaigns with Moncler, Calvin Klein and Pandora.
- In May 2017, Millie swooped her first solo acting award when she won Best Actor at the MTV Movie and TV Awards. “I want to thank the cast and crew of Stranger Things for being my second family – you guys, I love you,” she said whilst fighting back tears on stage.
- In April 2018, the actress became the youngest person ever to be included in Time magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world.
- In November 2018, Millie was announced as UNICEF’s youngest-ever Goodwill Ambassador at age 14.
- EA Games announced that Millie was collaborating with The Sims 4 programmers to feature in the Sims 4 Positivity Challenge in November 2018.
- The actress became the ambassador of UEFA’s Together #WePlayStrong campaign in March 2019.
- In August 2019, Millie launched a vegan makeup and skincare line for Gen Z. The brand, titled Florence, was named after the star’s great-grandmother.
- Last year, she ascended to the next level when she starred in her first feature film, Godzilla: King of the Monsters. She is set to reprise her role in the film’s sequel, Godzilla vs. Kong.
- In November 2019, Millie collaborated with Converse on a second collection named Millie By You after successfully collaborating on a first collection earlier that year.
- At 13, she became one of the youngest Emmy nominees in history when she was nominated for Best Drama Supporting Actress for playing Eleven.
- Millie starred on the cover of GLAMOUR’s May Digital Issue, where she was interviewed by Orlando Bloom about activism and her incredible achievements.
- The actress is set to star in and produce her own film series called ‘Enola Holmes’ based on Sherlock’s little sister.