International PR agency, PURPLE is looking for bright and enthusiastic candidate to join its VIP/Celebrity division in Los Angeles in the role of VIP Co-Ordinator.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have an existing base of fashion stylist and publicist contacts and be able to support the VIP fashion team’s efforts to secure maximum red carpet street style coverage across all relevant media channels.
The successful candidate must have a solid background with a minimum of 2 to 3 years PR experience in the fashion industry, keen understanding of Fashion GPS, and a strong interest in relevant pop culture.
- Assisting in stylist outreach for potential celebrity/VIP opportunities for upcoming red carpet, press day, and street style placements.
- Reporting send outs, coverage achieved and forthcoming coverage and collating coverage and data for monthly reports.
Assistance on special events across fashion and lifestyle.
- Managing sample trafficking.
- Ad-hoc project work and carrying out specific or general research.
- Attending client meetings and special events
- Managing interns
- General support of the press office
Skills and qualities required:
- Knowledge of key stylist, publicists, managers, and influencer contacts for upcoming outreach
- Experience using Fashion GPS, sample loaning and gifting, messenger services, tracking press coverage
- General knowledge of all media including strong understanding of digital landscape and social media platforms
- Creative thinker and extremely detail oriented
- Hard-working and proactive candidate who is enthusiastic, works well within a team and has a passion for celebrity/VIP relations.
- An understanding of the luxury fashion industry is vital.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line VIP Services Coordinator.
Purple represents a variety of luxury brands across different areas of expertise including Fashion, Lifestyle, Hospitality, Beauty and Music. Purple is independent in philosophy, attitude and operation –offering a boutique in-house approach, the strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset. Purple’s services cover press relations, editorial procurement, product placement, VIP placement and high profile event management.