1. Petersen LR, Jamieson DJ, Honein MA. Zika virus. N Engl J Med 2016;375:294–295
2. Rasmussen SA, Jamieson DJ, Honein MA, Petersen LR. Zika virus and birth defects – reviewing the evidence for causality. N Engl J Med 2016;374:1981–1987
3. Cao-Lormeau VM, Blake A, Mons S, et al. Guillain-Barré syndrome outbreak associated with Zika virus infection in French Polynesia: a case-control study. Lancet 2016;387:1531–1539
4. Sharp TM, Muñoz-Jordán J, Perez-Padilla J, et al. Zika virus infection associated with severe thrombocytopenia. Clin Infect Dis 2016;63:1198–1201
5. Guidance for U.S. laboratories testing for Zika virus infection. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2016 ).
6. Brooks JT, Friedman A, Kachur RE, LaFlam M, Peters PJ, Jamieson DJ. Update: interim guidance for prevention of sexual transmission of Zika virus – United States, July 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:745–747
7. Musso D, Nhan T, Robin E, et al. Potential for Zika virus transmission through blood transfusion demonstrated during an outbreak in French Polynesia, November 2013 to February 2014. Euro Surveill 2014;19(14).
8. Perez S, Tato R, Cabrera JJ, et al. Confirmed case of Zika virus congenital infection, Spain, March 2016. Euro Surveill 2016;21(24).
9. D’Ortenzio E, Matheron S, Lamballerie X, et al. Evidence of sexual transmission of Zika virus. N Engl J Med 2016;374:2195–2198
10. Gourinat AC, O’Connor O, Calvez E, Goarant C, Dupont-Rouzeyrol M. Detection of Zika virus in urine. Emerg Infect Dis 2015;21:84–86
11. Musso D, Roche C, Nhan TX, Robin E, Teissier A, Cao-Lormeau VM. Detection of Zika virus in saliva. J Clin Virol 2015;68:53–55
12. Rozé B, Najioullah F, Signate A, et al. Zika virus detection in cerebrospinal fluid from two patients with encephalopathy, Martinique, February 2016. Euro Surveill 2016;21(16).
13. Prisant N, Bujan L, Benichou H, et al. Zika virus in the female genital tract. Lancet Infect Dis 2016;16:1000–1001
14. Nicastri E, Castilletti C, Balestra P, Galgani S, Ippolito G. Zika virus infection in the central nervous system and female genital tract. Emerg Infect Dis 2016;22:2228–2230
15. Fonseca K, Meatherall B, Zarra D, et al. First case of Zika virus infection in a returning Canadian traveler. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2014;91:1035–1038
16. Dupont-Rouzeyrol M, Biron A, O’Connor O, Huguon E, Descloux E. Infectious Zika viral particles in breastmilk. Lancet 2016;387:1051–1051
17. Furtado JM, Espósito DL, Klein TM, Teixeira-Pinto T, da Fonseca BA. Uveitis associated with Zika virus infection. N Engl J Med 2016;375:394–396
18. Calvet G, Aguiar RS, Melo AS, et al. Detection and sequencing of Zika virus from amniotic fluid of fetuses with microcephaly in Brazil: a case study. Lancet Infect Dis 2016;16:653–660
19. Foy BD, Kobylinsk
i KC, Chilson Foy JL, et al. Probable non-vector-borne transmission of Zika virus, Colorado, USA. Emerg Infect Dis 2011;17:880–882
20. Hills SL, Russell K, Hennessey M, et al. Transmission of Zika virus through sexual contact with travelers to areas of ongoing transmission – continental United States, 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:215–216
21. Venturi G, Zammarchi L, Fortuna C, et al. An autochthonous case of Zika due to possible sexual transmission, Florence, Italy, 2014. Euro Surveill 2016;21(8).
22. Fréour T, Mirallié S, Hubert B, et al. Sexual transmission of Zika virus in an entirely asymptomatic couple returning from a Zika epidemic area, France, April 2016. Euro Surveill 2016;21(23).
23. Brooks RB, Carlos MP, Myers RA, et al. Likely sexual transmission of Zika virus from a man with no symptoms of infection – Maryland, 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:915–916
24. Deckard DT, Chung WM, Brooks JT, et al. Male-to-male sexual transmission of Zika virus – Texas, January 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:372–374
25. Davidson A, Slavinski S, Komoto K, Rakeman J, Weiss D. Suspected female-to-male sexual transmission of Zika Virus – New York City, 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:716–717
26. Barzon L, Pacenti M, Franchin E, et al. Infection dynamics in a traveller with persistent shedding of Zika virus RNA in semen for six months after returning from Haiti to Italy, January 2016. Euro Surveill 2016;21(32).
27. Nicastri E, Castilletti C, Liuzzi G, Iannetta M, Capobianchi MR, Ippolito G. Persistent detection of Zika virus RNA in semen for six months after symptom onset in a traveller returning from Haiti to Italy, February 2016. Euro Surveill 2016;21(32).
28. Arsuaga M, Bujalance SG, Díaz-Menéndez M, Vázquez A, Arribas JR. Probable sexual transmission of Zika virus from a vasectomised man. Lancet Infect Dis 2016;16:1107–1107
29. Bingham AM, Cone M, Mock V, et al. Comparison of test results for Zika virus RNA in urine, serum, and saliva specimens from persons with travel-associated Zika virus disease – Florida, 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:475–478
30. Zika virus emergency use authorization; emergency use authorizations; Trioplex real-time RT-PCR assay. Silver Spring, MD: Food and Drug Administration, 2016 ).
31. Zika virus emergency use authorization; emergency use authorizations; Zika MAC-ELISA. Silver Spring, MD: Food and Drug Administration, 2016 ).
32. Mohammed H, Tomashek KM, Stramer SL, Hunsperger E. Prevalence of anti-dengue immunoglobulin G antibodies among American Red Cross blood donors in Puerto Rico, 2006. Transfusion 2012;52:1652–1656
33. Hunsperger EA, Muñoz-Jordán J, Beltran M, et al. Performance of dengue diagnostic tests in a single-specimen diagnostic algorithm. J Infect Dis 2016;214:836–844
34. Busch MP, Kleinman SH, Tobler LH, et al. Virus and antibody dynamics in acute West Nile virus infection. J Infect Dis 2008;198:984–993
35. Guidance for industry: revised recommendations for reducing the risk of Zika virus transmission by blood and blood components. Silver Spring, MD: Food and Drug Administration, 2016 ).
36. Petersen EE, Polen KN, Meaney-Delman D, et al. Update: interim guidance for health care providers caring for women of reproductive age with possible Zika virus exposure – United States, 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:315–322
37. Gao D, Lou Y, He D, et al. Prevention and control of Zika as a mosquito-borne and sexually transmitted disease: a mathematical modeling analysis. Sci Rep 2016;6:28070–28070
38. Yakob L, Kucharski A, Hue S, Edmunds WJ. Low risk of a sexually-transmitted Zika virus outbreak. Lancet Infect Dis 2016;16:1100–1102