The Celestial Black Diamond Facial created by renowned plastic surgeon and owner of 111SKIN, Dr Yannis Alexandrides, has been dubbed the answer to a non-surgical face lift, combining *actual* black diamond microspheres with ingredients such as retinol, glycopeptides and collagen-stimulating actives to make skin appear more youthful and boost overall skin health.
Sounds expensive, right? Well…it is.
Is it miracle products? Is it surgery? Is she just genetically-blessed?
These are just some of the questions that we’ve all wondered about the reality of achieving the supermodel skin showcased on the runways season after season by the likes of Bella Hadid.
While Bella has denied ever having surgery, she does swear by an intense regime of facials and skincare to keep her looking Instagram-ready at all times – and I decided to try the facial that she, along with the likes of Kim Kardashian, Adriana Lima and Priyanka Chopra indulge in before any red-carpet event…
Created as an alternative to his in-clinic procedures, the facials and 111SKIN range are considerably cheaper, but at £350 for the Celestial Black Diamond Facial (minus the post-treatment prescription you receive), it’s definitely a more luxury treatment.
One of the pioneers of the treatment, Head Aesthetician, Milena Naydenov says: “This treatment is our most intensive facial, using 111SKIN’s science-led formulas with diamond powder to increase the absorption of active ingredients to ease fine lines and wrinkles. Using surgically-inspired masks and aesthetician-grade exfoliating acids, skin is left smoother, lifted and contoured. Offering aesthetic performance and a multi-sensory, opulent relaxing ambience in tandem to provide the ultimate facial treatment.”
With that in mind, 111SKIN’s facialists are based in the Wellness Clinic at Harrods, and heated beds in the treatment rooms added to the luxury that you wouldn’t find at any old dermatologist.
After a skin assessment which highlighted my areas of concern and what I wanted to achieve from the facial, my aesthetician, Nadya, tailored the treatment to help with scarring, brightening and hydrating. I also wanted to achieve that ultimate Bella Hadid bone structure, so decided to focus on contouring my jawline and cheek bones.
The treatment bespoke to me was made up of 7 steps:
1. Double Cleanse – Nadya used the Lift Off Purifying Cleanser to cleanse and remove make up from the skin, followed by the Lift Off Exfoliating Cleanser to gently exfoliate and purify the skin without drying it, allowing the skin to absorb ingredients from the other products.
2. Citric/Lactic Multi-Acid Complex – The use of spa-grade
exfoliating acids stimulate cell turn over and help to brighten skin.
3. Essence Infusion – This soothing and toning step uses a surgical gauze soaked in Anti-oxidant Essence covering the face to calm and prepare the skin ready for a more intense step next. And yes, you do get totally mummified…but who said Halloween can’t be year-round?
4. 111 Skin Signature Massage – A deep massage that helps the facial muscles to relax, that increases microcirculation, and the addition of the Celestial Black Diamond Cream lifts the skin and firms. Just try not to snore. I learnt the hard way.
5. 111 Skin Wand Massage – Using one of the most sought-after products, the Celestial Black Diamond Contour Gel (loved because it’s so rich in peptides), the product is massaged into the contours of your face using a wand to eliminate wrinkles and create that deep chiselled Bella Hadid bone structure that we all strive for when we spend way too long contouring in the morning…
6. Master Masking – So you’ve been mummified, and now it’s time to go full oil-spill mermaid. Using the Celestial Black Diamond Eye Mask, The Firming Mask from the same range, and the Meso Lip Infusion Mask, the aesthetician places a number of masks, covering my face, under eyes, neck AND chest, all infused with celestial black diamonds to plump and firm the skin – a total favourite of Kim Kardashian’s before hitting the red carpet. Yep, it’s time to start adding neck and chest masks into your Sunday routines…
7. Finishing Touches – Following the treatment, Black Diamond Emulsion and Black Diamond Eye Cream are applied to protect the skin and keep your results at their peak for as long as possible. The Meso Lip Infusion mask also comes with a balm which is applied following the mask to keep lips plumped and contoured.
And if that wasn’t enough, the aesthetician then followed up with a personalised prescription tailored to my skin based off my concerns and reactions during the treatment, so I could take the treatment home with me. Bingo.
Best of all? I can actually see a difference in my skin. My under-eyes (which are usually VERY bag-heavy) look bright and lifted, and my skin feels firmer and has a glowy sheen to it. I’m no Bella Hadid but my cheekbones look contoured just from one session and my face looks noticeably thinner and my jawline chiseled. HA, I KNOW YOUR SECRETS, BELLA.
Is this the type of facial I can pop out for every week? Absolutely not. But if you’re looking to splash the cash post-pay day, this is one for a pre-special occasion treat, and the results, along with the products I’ve been using since the appointment, speak for themselves.
A £2 sheet mask will never feel the same again…