Movement Strategy – a full-service social media-led creative agency with offices in NY, Denver, and LA – is looking for an Associate Communications Strategist to join our New York office.
If youre a strategic thinker and a creative storyteller with at least 2 yrs of agency and PR experience (including internships) especially from the fashion, sportswear and entertainment worlds, then send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A fast-growing team, Movement’s Comms. Department blends traditional PR and influencer strategy fit for todays transforming media landscape. We specialize in lifestyle and culture-driven media relations, brand strategy and positioning, and creating opportunities for owned digital media and content to generate amplified earned media. We also specialize in bridging connections between influencers, social media personalities and content creators with brands. We have a deep and passionate knowledge within fashion, street culture, sports, music, technology, and consumer products, among others.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic and forward thinker with roots in traditional lifestyle and fashion PR. You exercise both your left and right brains, in that you are both creative and strategic; and you are driven to change the status quo of today’s cookie-cutter marketing methods.
You’re a skilled communicator with an inquisitive and enthusiastic attitude that learns fast and is a hustler at heart. You’re innately resourceful when it comes to mining for information and you’re accustomed to always thinking ahead in life. You’re a social butterfly who takes pride in connecting culturally relevant and social-media driven creatives with brands—you may even embody this lifestyle and have proven relationships with your creative peers.
The Associate Communications Strategist is responsible for supporting the Senior Communications Strategist as well as the Communications Director day-to-day on all client and internal communications campaigns, which will consist of equal parts traditional PR and influencer strategy. All client work will have a consumer lifestyle focus and ranges from sportswear and athletic brands to leading franchise brands.
- Effectively develop a wide range of press materials such as press releases, fact sheets, client correspondence, etc.
- Manage, track and update day-to-day client tasks and press coverage in a timely manner.
- Pitch brands, news items and consumer products under the supervision of senior manager.
- Participate in internal briefings, creative brainstorms and strategy development.
- Manage any and all seeding opportunities and product sample trafficking for media and influencers.
- Assist the team in executing client, media and influencer events; interviews, conferences, etc.
- Conduct thorough and appropriate research to pitch to targeted media and influencer contacts.
- Identify and create meaningful relationships with relevant media, influencers and content creators that are mutually beneficial for the agency and its clients.
- Availability to travel as needed.
- At least 2 years of agency and PR experience (including internship experience). Consumer, lifestyle, fashion, and/or entertainment industry experience is a plus.
- Succinct communication skills—written and verbal.
- Proven experience in communicating with editors and social media influencers/personalities, developing media strategies, identifying story angles, writing releases and press materials and securing coverage for clients. Experience in developing strategic and integrated brand campaigns a plus.
- Strong experience and familiarity with the evolving media landscape, social media, and emerging platforms of communication.
- Polished and professional demeanor; projects enthusiasm, confidence and collaboration towards clients and day-to-day work.
- Ability to work both in a self-directed and proactive nature, as well as collaboratively in a team-oriented, energetic, atmosphere.
- Excellent organizational skill sets with an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
- Maintain high standards and impeccable attention to detail across internal and external deliverables. Demonstrates keen sense of responsibility, ownership and pride in delivering quality results.
- On top of the latest industry trends, and a constant desire to consume all forms of media in the appropriate fields