Difficulties that we encounter when trying to quit without help are not at all fictitious. Nicotine does cause a strong psychological and chemical dependence. The withdrawal syndrome can manifest itself in the form of insomnia, irritability, nervousness, bradycardia, tendency to weight gain.
As a result, about 60% of smokers who decided to “tie up once and for all”, after three months again lit up. The belief that you can get rid of nicotine addiction, such unsuccessful attempts, of course, is greatly undermined – you just want to admit your defeat and accept the bad habit.
At the same time it is necessary to accept and with more and more sophisticated cosmetic tricks that are required to disguise an unhealthy dull skin color, with yellow teeth, unpleasant odor, dyspnea.
You will have to humble yourself with humiliating necessity quickly and greedily, until you are driven away, delayed, pretending not to notice the sign “Do not smoke! ”, And with naive self-deception, when, stumbling upon the disappointing statistics in the press, the smoker convinces himself that with him nothing like this can happen.
• According to modern data of scientists from the United States, about 90% of cases of lung cancer are associated with smoking in the anamnesis. Smokers suffer from lung cancer several times more often than non-smokers (cancer causes radon, benzpyrene and nitrosamines contained in tobacco tar). Lung cancer kills more people than any other type of cancer.
• Smoking also increases the likelihood of other types of cancer, particularly esophageal cancer and oral cancer.
• In addition to lung cancer, smoking also causes emphysema – a chronic disease associated with irreversible degeneration of lung tissue.
• In addition, smoking increases the likelihood of cardiovascular disease, in particular infarction.
• According to some data, the average decrease in life expectancy in smokers is 10 years.
There is an exit. If you can not get rid of dependence independently, it remains to resort to the help of specialists. After facing other problems – from a leaking faucet to a diseased tooth, we do not hesitate to resort to the services of professionals. Why, then, should one suffer from “nicotine withdrawal” in proud solitude?
Modern psychotherapeutic techniques, which are used in the medical center “VIVIAL” for liberation from tobacco addiction, are neuro-linguistic programming and Ericksonian hypnosis. In the process of treatment, the overall emotional and physical well-being improves, the system of vital values is adjusted – tobacco as an indispensable condition for a comfortable existence from it is expelled.
Many of the “tying” smokers are confronted with disappointment, when methods that have worked “well” on their colleague or acquaintance are completely ineffective. This is not surprising – there is no one that is ideal for all methods of quitting smoking. Therefore, treatment of tobacco dependence in the medical center “VIVIAL” is carried out individually and only after psychological counseling. The course of treatment is from one to five sessions lasting an hour and a half. Methods of treatment can be different.
The first option includes psycho-hypnotherapy (the formation of persistent indifference and aversion to tobacco under hypnosis) and acupuncture on biologically active points in order to eliminate psychological discomfort – nervousness, irritability, feelings of anxiety. In this case, the treatment is carried out for three sessions, followed by a three-month free observation.
The second option includes not only acupuncture, but also the introduction of medications that remove physical and psychological dependence on nicotine.
The best confirmation of the effectiveness of the methods used in the VIVIAL center is that patients who permanently get rid of the disastrous habit.
What happens in the body after quitting?
• 2 hours after the last cigarette is smoked, nicotine begins to be removed from the body, and at that moment the first withdrawal symptoms are felt.
• After 12 hours, carbon monoxide from smoking will leave the body completely, the lungs will start to function better, a feeling of lack of air will pass.
• After 2 days, taste sensitivity and sense of smell will become more acute.
• After 12 weeks, the circulatory system improves, making walking and running easier.
• After 3-9 months, cough, shortness of breath and breathing problems decrease, lung function increases by 10%.
• After 5 years, the risk of myocardial infarction will be 2 times less than that of smokers.