Responsible for developing optical and sun wear designs for from conception through completion, with focus on functionality.
- Initiate & execute designs for each seasonal collection:
- Conduct market research and evaluate seasonal design briefings.
- Create optical and sun wear designs, both by hand and by CAD.
- Build concept boards, story boards, and prepare new concepts.
- Work closely with material and color suppliers.
- Daily communication with factories.
- Develop strong partnership with Product teams to collaborate on global design concepts, trend research, Brand(s) direction and matrix lay-out.
- Partner with Technical team to ensure all designs have proper fitting and technical requirements.
- Interaction with Licensor on pending issues, design, color, new concepts, trends, packaging, etc.
- Present and communicate eyewear line for Brand Review(s), Line Review(s) and as needed to Management.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising preferred; a related field or equivalent experience coupled with a successful track record.
Experience & Background:
- At least 3-5 years of Design experience (preferably in the Optical or Accessory Industry)
- Proficient in Illustrator and hand sketching
- Able to interpret Trends and relate them to Eyewear
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to thrive in fast-pace environment
- Team-oriented is ‘must’
To Apply: Please send your resume to Danielle Forbes at DForbes@marcolin.com, subject line Designer.