Company: Karla Otto
Title: PR Account Assistant
Supervisor(s): PR Director
KO Office: Los Angeles
Responsibilities, Tasks and Skills
The Account Assistant is an entry level public relations position that works closely with and supports the PR Director to fulfill client needs. The Account Assistant will work with the public relations team to ensure smooth running of the division in daily tasks and as it relates to the entire agency. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 months’ experience within fashion and luxury PR. The candidate should have strong writing, research and organisation skills, be willing to adjust to a variety of client temperaments and personalities and be willing to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete a project accurately and on time. They should have a can-do attitude and be a team player.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Extensive sample trafficking. Monitoring and controlling the movement of all client samples, working with, and supporting the team as necessary to achieve the desired client results.
- Actively involved in pitching of samples to press and developing and writing pitches with a creative flair.
- Be available to work on and support on events, projects, shows as needed
- Be proactive in making and cultivating relationships with members of press by handling/arranging showroom appointments
- Updating contact database
- Compile and send out editorial clippings to clients as required
- Responsible for maintaining and creating editorial clipping books for each client
- Prepare agendas and media updates for client calls
- Undertake administrative tasks such as manage the Director’s calendar; assist with booking travel for Director, Press and Clients as needed, internal reports and filings etc.
- Minimum of 6 month – 1 year experience as public relations intern
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral), research, and organization skills
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Accomplishes tasks accurately, thoroughly, and with a keen eye for detail both with quantitative and qualitative data
- Willing to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete a project accurately and on time
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong work ethic
- Must be efficient in Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, Fashion GPS
- Must be eligible to work in the US
To Apply: Please send your resume to Katie.Garrabrant@karlaotto.com, subject line PR Account Assistant.