That’s exactly why GLAMOUR is bringing you LOCKDOWN LIVE – a live, virtual day-long festival – on FRIDAY 22 MAY to bring people together for a day of escapism, inspiration and to establish a real ‘connected’ community feel at a time when we are physically apart.
Whether you’ve been furloughed, are living alone, are looking for something fun to do with your flatmates or just want a bloody good time, this event will satisfy your needs.
Welcome to day 3894743954 of isolation, we made it guys! Anyone else lost track of the day? Competed in so many quizzes they’re ready for a stint on The Chase? Baked so many banana breads they’re basically a walking loaf? Same.
The event was the brainchild of our friend Holly Hope Harper, who, after being furloughed from a PR agency, realised how much she missed connecting with people and so the idea of LOCKDOWN LIVE was born.
“LOCKDOWN LIVE is a moment for us to come together, while so many of us are far apart, experience a special day with incredible creators while raising some money for essential causes,” said Holly of the event. “I am so excited to see it all come together so beautifully with the help of the incredible GLAMOUR team, who have always gone out of their way to empower women and their readers, and throughout isolation continue to act as a funny, brilliant friend you can rely on when you’re feeling down.”
The day will be separated into two sessions, morning and afternoon, with 3,000 tickets available for each Zoom session. There will be four theatre slots with top names covering everything from mind-clearing yoga, wellness and mental health talks, to cook-alongs, live celebrity interviews, beauty tutorials, careers talks and live music events.
We will be announcing the full schedule soon, but here’s a taster of what you can expect…
The AM session
- Kickstart your day the right way with a live yoga class with a top expert.
- Get ready to salivate with a live cooking class courtesy of Gizzi Erskine, who will teach you one of her mouthwatering recipes so you can cook along at home.
- Feel inspired by tuning into an entrepreneurs panel with fitness entrepreneur Ciara London, fashion designer and cultural consultant Irene Agbontaen, NEOM Founder Nicola Elliot and the inspirational Sabrina Elba.
- Round off the morning with music from Jessie Ware.
The PM session
- The afternoon session kicks off with a Live Music Quiz from the tremendous trio who make up the hugely popular The Receipts Podcast.
- Grab your favourite lipstick as we’re joined by Sex Education’s Aimee Lou Wood and her makeup artist sister, Emily, for a live ‘Get Ready With Me’.
- Round off your day with music from the marvellous Ellie Goulding, topped off with a live DJ set from the masterful Franky Wah and Ministry of Sound.
Anyone else excited?
Tickets cost £5 for either a morning or afternoon session and ticket buyers will claim their unique login via EventBrite.
All proceeds from ticket sales will be split across three charities that need our help now more than ever, Women’s Aid, Place2be (the country’s leading children’s mental health charity) and the food bank charity, The Felix Project.
See you there!