Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll have noticed everyone showcasing deliciously frothy coffee on Instagram. Dubbed ‘Dalgona coffee’, the whipped, fluffy iced coffee has been littering our Instagram and TikTok feeds with people sharing their recipes, hacks and #artsy snaps of the tipple.
If you’re not sat on a Zoom call in your loungewar sipping a Dalgona coffee RN, are you even isolating?
If you’re looking for your next Insta-famous drinks fix – or simply hate caffeine – people are now adapting the Dalgona coffee recipe to conjure up creamy flavoured milk.
People – who have quite clearly run out of things to do – are using the same process to make non-caffeinated drinks with a variety of flavoured milks.
To make Dalgona coffee (we’ve put together a complete recipe here), you use instant coffee, sugar, and water, whip it up and serve it on ice and milk. However, to make a flavoured milk, it’s essentially the same process, just swapping out the coffee for a milk powder and the sugar for whipping cream. Hey, if you’re feeling rebellious, you can add coffee AND a milk powder. Hello, whipped Hershey’s chocolate milk coffee. No, you’re salivating.
Keen to get on board? Here’s the exact process to follow to make aesthetically-pleasing and mouthwatering whipped flavoured milk.
HOW TO MAKE WHIPPED FLAVOURED MILK
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (Makes 2)
- 1 x tbsp flavoured milk powder like Chocolate or Strawberry Nesquik or any Hershey’s variety
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) of heavy whipping cream
- 1 x mixing bowl
- 1 x electric mixer
- 6 x ice cubes
- 400ml milk
1. Add the milk powder and whipping cream to a mixing bowl.
2. Using an electric hand-held mixer, whip the mixture for approx. 4 minutes until it is light and silky – you can opt for a manual whisk, but be prepared for an arm workout…
3. If you’re feeling extra fancy, you can dust the rim of your glass with an extra helping of milk powder. Then, separate the mix into two and (elegantly) dollop half on top of each pre-prepared two-thirds-full glass of milk and ice. (You could also spoon it over warm milk for a hot drink)…
4. Mix and enjoy – and don’t forget to share a snap of your handiwork on Instagram