CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.
Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse, Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into Life At CBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Role Details: We’re looking for a Senior Writer to write fashion, beauty and lifestyle-focused feature stories and trend pieces as well as report and write breaking news in the fast-paced environment of ETonline.com.
- Reporting, conducting interviews and writing a variety of stories for publication on ETonline.com, on topics prioritized by your assignment editor.
- Crafting story pitches to the assignment editors for both news items and longreads.
- Working within SEO guidelines to write well-crafted headlines and internal links to other ETonline stories.
- Selecting relevant additional materials to bolster a piece’s storytelling, including photographs, market work for featured products, social media embeds, audio tracks, as well as working with the video team on relevant pieces.
- Maintain consistent brand tone in style and copy.
- Assist in the incorporation of any changes to copy as dictated by editors and the legal team.
- May be scheduled for night and weekend work. Key Projects:
- We’re committed to working hard and holding ourselves accountable as we cover breaking news and the tentpole events of the year in the entertainment industry as well as those in the fashion industry: awards season, fashion week, summer movie season and fall TV premiere season.
- Contributing to a team that is very open to entirely new story concepts via staff writer pitches, as long as it adheres to our brand tone.
- Increasing unique visitors to the site and audience retention through the quick publication of breaking news items.
- Participating in the launch and growth of a new Style vertical by creating fresh and engaging style content to attract a new audience.
- Working with show producers and the newsdesk to craft accurate, compelling stories based on Entertainment Tonight’s exclusive reporting.
- In 2018, CBSi plans to launch an ET-branded streaming network. ETonline staff will be deeply involved in developing, producing and distributing content for and from that platform.
What you bring to the team:
- Three to five years of journalism experience in a digital newsroom
- An unironic love of pop culture and fashion
- A competitive nature that thrives in an environment that requires both speed and accuracy
- A robust list of PR and designer contacts
- Comfort with receiving feedback on both line edits and overall structural changes to the story
- The ability to multitask and juggle pursuing multiple stories at the same time, as well as communicating with editors as a story evolves
- Flexibility to reprioritize story budget based on breaking news
You might also have –
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- CMS experience
- An undeniable appetite and enthusiasm for working in an environment that can be different every day—and an unmistakable sense of urgency and ambition.
- A keen awareness of a digital media landscape that is constantly evolving and adapting as technology changes and audiences shift their attention and how that will affect our brand.
- The ability to keep your calm during a crisis. We’re committed to working hard and holding ourselves accountable but also encouraging the creative, competitive edge that naturally emerges when you actually love where you work. No screaming allowed.