I’m going to just cut right to the chase: kids are incredibly expensive. In fact, having just one child can cost parents an average of $10,000 per year!
So, given the fortune we spend on things like clothes, school supplies, and snacks, it’s a great thing (and welcome relief) that so many restaurants offer free dining for kids.
If you’re not taking advantage of this yet, load up the car (and those plates) to get some seriously delicious free meals.
The following 20 restaurants offer great deals for families when you want to dine out. Just make sure to double check with the restaurant first, because not all deals are nationwide, and others will vary by location.
Most restaurants also require the child to be under the age of 12, and an adult meal must be purchased in order for the free kids meal to apply.
- Applebee’s – Kids eat free one day a week. The day of the week will vary depending on participating locations.
- White Castle – Kids eat free from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Maggiano’s – Kids under the age of 5 eat free on Saturdays.
- Chick-fil-A – Kids eat free on Tuesdays between 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. with the purchase of an adult combo meal.
- Denny’s – Kids eat free on Tuesdays between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- TGI Fridays – Kids eat free on Tuesdays.
- UNO Chicago Grill – Kids eat free on Tuesdays.
- Cici’s Pizza – Kids under 3 eat free every day.
- Golden Corral – Kids eat free on Mondays from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Steak ‘n Shake – Kids eat free on Saturdays with a $9 meal purchase.
- Ruby’s Diner – Kids eat free on Tuesdays after 4 p.m.
- Red Robin – Kids eat free on Mondays.
- Pizza Hut – Kids eat free on Tuesdays.
- Black-eyed Pea – Kids eat free on Tuesdays after 5 p.m.
- Ikea Restaurant – Kids eat free on Tuesdays.
- Jason’s Deli – Kids eat free on Wednesdays.
- Marie Callender’s – Kids eat free on Tuesdays.
- Qdoba Mexican Grill – Kids eat free on Sundays or Wednesdays, depending on location.
- Macaroni Grill – Kids eat free on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Genghis Grill – Kids eat free on Tuesdays.