The autumn/winter 2019 catwalks have the return of some beauty classics – from smoky eyes to red lips and outdoorsy blush – re-imagined with modern twists. For the beauty experimental, graphic shapes, neon flashes, and glitter sprinklings trending too
September is here already which means there’s something very special in the air at this time of the year. A crisp Autumn breeze, crackling log fires and bristling leaves, floating delicately towards the ground, inspire many people to celebrate this picturesque season.
How to create a classic smokey eye
- Start by applying a mid-tone shadow all over the lid. Opt for greys, browns or heathers to create a subtle smokey base.
- Apply a liner along the lash line, making sure you’re coating and depositing colour between the lashes to instantly pop the eye. Opt for a gel formula for easy application that won’t budge all night!
- Layer a dark tone shadow like espresso, charcoal or smoke over the liner, blending halfway up the lid and into the lid shadow. Apply along the lower lash line by softly pressing the brush on to the root of the lower lashes. Then smudge out with fingers for a smokier finish.
- Add those all-important final touches with a mascara, like Bobbi Brown’s Smokey Eye Mascara, layering 3-4 coats for a full lash effect.
- Finally, layer a sparkle shadow with your finger to give it that real party finish. It’s great for smoothing out the lid and giving that blend through the crease of the eye.