From groundbreaking academy award nominations to social justice strides in the workplace, women are stepping out and making their voices heard.
Social media has provided a fabulous and visible forum for many voices, whether they are calling out wrongdoing, celebrating a personal achievement, or simply sharing a favorite book, show, or pair of boots.
Add your voice to the mix with a statement of your own or try one of these on for size to get started.
- A woman is unstoppable after she realizes she deserves better.
- I know what I bring to the table, so trust me when I say I’m not afraid to eat alone.
- Love yourself first.
- I’m my first priority.
- Behind every successful woman is herself.
- “Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone.” – Angelina Jolie
- A girl’s best friend is her brain.
- A smart girl knows she has no bounds.
- “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.” – Hillary Clinton
- Portrait of an awkward girl.
- Sarcasm is my superpower.
- Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.
- I am the perfect combination of all my flaws.
- “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
- I’m not ashamed of myself. That’s what my parents are for.
- Capture my wild side.
- I’m my own bad influence.
- “Some days I am more wolf than woman, and I’m still learning how to stop apologizing for my wild.” – Nikita Gill
- Messy bun and getting stuff done.
- I don’t do drama. I do business.
- “I’m tough, ambitious, and know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” – Madonna
- Be picky with selfies and pickier with men.
- Life is too short to worry about what others think.
- You’re awesome. Dress like it!
- My heels are higher than your standards.
- Know your worth. Ten add tax.
- I don’t need to make noise – my accomplishments will do that for me.
- Be who you want to be and not who others want to see.
- I have designer confidence.
- “I’m freaking dope.” – Jessica James The Incredible Jessica James
- “Some people say I’m an overachiever, but I think they’re just jealous.” – Tracy Flick Election
Sweet and Simple
- Dress well, but keep it simple.
- Surround yourself with positivity.
- Life is only as complicated as you make it.
- I’m a Sunday morning kind of girl.
- Happiness is a Latte.
- Happiness is perfection.
- Happiness is a choice, not a gift.
- Don’t worry about those who talk behind your back. They’re behind your back for a reason.
- “Whenever I’m feeling a little down, I put on my high heels to stand a little taller.” – Dolly Parton
- “Just keep swimming.” – Dory
All About Makeup
- Whether for eyeliner or life, just wing it!
- My favorite makeup is confidence.
- Makeup: Don’t hide your face – highlight it.
- Inner beauty needs no makeup.
- Real beauty never asks for attention.
- Looks aren’t everything, but I have them just in case.
- Sexiness is a state of mind.
- “The most beautiful curve on a woman’s body is her smile.” – Bob Marley
- “I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.” – Michelle Obama
- “Each time a woman stands up for herself, she stands up for all women.” – Maya Angelou
- “I raise up my voice – not so I can shout, but so those without a voice can be heard.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “We’ve begun to raise daughters more like sons, but few have had the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters.” – Gloria Steinem
It’s a wonderful time to be woman. Tell others all about it!