A new year is a great time to reflect on past goals, past choices, and sweetest of all, past loves. It’s also the perfect time to make some love-centered resolutions. Show your longing for a distant love, your commitment to your soulmate, your determination for a fresh start, or simply your love of love with one of these endearing and empowering captions for Instagram. Don’t forget to include your favorite pic of what love means to you, be it your classiest wedding snap, your best girl friends, or a selfie with your loyal Labrador.
Also see our article How To Go on a Social Media Detox
- So many of my smiles begin with you.
- 7 billion smiles but yours is my favorite.
- Life is all about love and smiles.
- Smile. Happiness looks gorgeous on you.
- You make my heart smile.
- I like it when you smile. I love it when I’m the reason.
- Besides chocolate, you’re my favorite.
- All you need is love…and chocolate.
- I love you more than chocolate. Really!
- Love is like chocolate: smooth and bittersweet.
- Love is like dark chocolate: sweet while you have it and bitter when it’s gone.
- Loving you is like opening a box of chocolates: full of sweet surprises.
Sleep and Dreams
- Thoughts of you are what wake me up at 3am.
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep, because reality is better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- Dreaming of you tonight is better than missing you tomorrow.
- Watching you fall asleep at night is the best part of my day.
- You star in all of my daydreams.
- You’re my favorite hello and my hardest goodbye.
- Even if I spend the whole day with you, I’ll miss you the second you leave.
- If you can’t get someone out of your head, then maybe they are supposed to be there.
- Sometimes it’s not about missing someone; it’s about wondering if they’re missing you too.
- Missing someone is your heart’s way of reminding you that you love them.
- It’s hard to go a day without someone who gave you so much to remember.
- You put your arms around me and I’m home.
- My home is where your heart is.
- You showed me that home is not a place but a person.
- Love is like coming home after a long trip.
- Being home with you is like being home alone. And that’s a compliment.
At First Sight
- When I first saw you, I fell in love. And you smiled, because you knew.
- Some people cross your path and change your whole direction.
- Eye contact: how it starts.
- The best feeling is when you look at him and he’s already staring.
- Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?
- Meeting you was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favorite.
- I know I’m a handful, but that’s why you have two hands.
- “Love always brings difficulties – that is true – but the good side of it is that it gives energy.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- Your love gives me the strength to overcome the difficulties in life.
- “True love is never easy. It’s the difficulty that keeps it true.” – Luke Sahnow
- Just because love is right doesn’t mean it’s easy.
- Love is a promise to be there when things get tough.
Falling Out of Love
- Respect yourself enough to let go of someone who doesn’t see your worth.
- Just because you fell in love with him doesn’t mean you have to stay in love with him.
- Falling in love is fast. Falling out of love is slow.
- Loving yourself sometimes means giving yourself permission to move on.
- Don’t be afraid of losing someone who isn’t interested in keeping you.
- Sometimes falling out of love is just an opportunity to fall back in again.
Now if this isn’t a great start to the new year, then we don’t know what is.