We all enjoy using social media, in no small part because it’s a great way to tell your loved ones how you really feel. Sometimes that means a simple Happy Birthday shout out, or sharing a memory of a happy or a sad time. Sometimes it means letting them know that you can’t live without them. When we miss a friend, a family member, or that special someone, we want to tell them so – but how? You have to tap into your deeper nature and tell your boyfriend, girlfriend, sister, brother, father, or mother what’s in your heart. However, it’s not always easy to know what to say! We weren’t all born poets and sometimes the words just don’t seem to come. To help you out, we’ve created some “idea starters” for ways to tell your loved ones that you miss them.
Hopefully these will give you the inspiration that you need!
I Miss You So Much It Makes Me Laugh
Want a heartfelt way to say “I miss you” that isn’t too cheesy and that will leave your loved one smiling?
- I miss you like an idiot misses the point.
- I miss you like sleep.
- I miss you like chocolate.
- I miss you like a squirrel misses his nuts.
- I miss you like someone on a diet misses their Snickers bars.
- I miss you like an old man’s urine stream misses the toilet.
- I miss you like I miss booze when I’m at work.
- I miss you like a fat kid misses cake.
- I miss you like popcorn misses butter.
- I miss you like x misses o.
- I miss you like I miss my phone when I forget to take it to the bathroom with me.
- I miss you like Beethoven misses his hearing.
- I miss you like a polar bear misses the melting ice caps.
- I miss you like Bambi misses his mom.
- I miss you like Bert misses Ernie.
- I miss you like a shopaholic misses a deal.
I Miss You So Much I Could Move Worlds
Maybe you’re the hopeless romantic type and want to woo your loved one with something as poetic as it is sickeningly sweet. Try these on for size:
- I miss you like the moon misses the sun.
- I miss you like there’s no tomorrow.
- I miss you like the desert misses the rain.
- I miss you like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky.
- I miss you like the mountains miss the sky.
- I miss you like the moon misses light.
- I miss you like the moon misses the sun, destined to chase it until the end of time.
I Can’t Find the Words to Tell You How Much I Miss You
Still not satisfied? The following “I miss you sayings” are a little less formulaic but no less heartfelt.
- I miss you a lottle. It’s like a little; except a lot.
- Can you feel me missing you?
- Missing you comes in waves; tonight I’m drowning.
- When I miss you, I reread our conversations and smile like an idiot.
- I’m jealous of people that get to see you every day.
- I really miss you, but probably not as much as you miss me; I’m awesome.
- Every time my phone buzzes, I hope it’s you missing me.
- I’ll just pretend to hug you until you get here.
- I suck at everything, especially forgetting you.
- Hell is loving you in my sleep and waking up alone.
- I think a part of me will always be waiting for you.
- Nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.
- I wanna write ‘I miss you’ on a rock and throw at your face so you know how much it hurts to miss you.
Now get out there and tell the world how you feel about it. Don’t forget to add a cute cat or three while you’re at it. Got any clever suggestions for “I miss you” lines? Share them with us below!