They’re one of the season’s most popular trends, but many of us still find the midi skirt a difficult one to embark upon.
Admittedly an awkward length, they sit on that in-between spot where you’re not *really* showing off any leg, but you might find yourself considering a quick wax and/or fake tan. Or not! No judgement here…
21 of the best midi skirts to buy right now and twirl around in all summer long
But what occasion do they work best for?
As GLAMOUR UK’s resident midi-skirt super-fan, I can tell you with absolute certainty that they work for every. Single. Occasion.
Don’t believe me?
We tried 3 different styles on 4 women with very different tastes.
Look 1: Denim
Denim midis are perfect for a casual, summer weekend relatively regardless of your plans. BBQ with your friends? Cousin’s 21st birthday? Brunch with #bae? Yes yes yes.
– Zara Malibu Blue Denim Skirt, £29.99
– Fleamadonna T-Shirt, £89
– Love Stories Cami Top, £55
– Vans Sk8-Hi (True White), £60
– Patcharavipa Round Ring I 18k Siam Black Gold, £1,700
– Patcharavipa Round Ring IV 18k Siam Black Gold 0.55ct Diamond, £2,750
– Patcharavipa Hexagon Ring III 18k Siam Black Gold 0.62ct Diamond, £2,100
– Patcharavipa Round Ring III 18k Siam Black Gold 0.54ct Diamond, £1,770
How to… wear white jeans for any occasion and keep it chic (not cheap)
Look 2: Floral
If you’re into floral dresses (and who isn’t?), you’ll no doubt find floral midis an easy transition. Find one with a matching top à la Ganni for your next wedding, and pair it with a white t-shirt for the rest of the season.
– Ganni Tilden Mesh Wrap Top Floral, £140
– Ganni Tilden Mesh Wrap Skirt Floral, £160
– Manolo Blahnik MAYSALE Suede Mules, £545
– Chanel Metal, Resin and Glass Earrings, £830
– Sophie Billie Brahe Amour Mini K Ring 18k Yellow Gold Diamonds, £990
21 of our favourite floral dresses for when you want to get your girly game on
Look 3: Sheer
Just because they’re not mini doesn’t mean they’re safe. Opt for a sheer skirt atop mini shorts (or a bodysuit if you’re feeling particularly risqué) for a fashion-forward way to wear next-to-nothing.
JORDAN COLLYER (Left)
– Christian Dior Dress, £8,800
– Christian Dior Knit Bodysuit, £1,300
– Victoria Beckham Dorothy Calf Pump, £560
– Miansai Pillar Cuff Gold Sapphire, £400
– Miansai Expo Ring Gold, £140
– Necklace and earrings model’s own.
LOANNE COLLYER (Right)
– Christian Dior Jumpsuit, £5,600
– Christian Dior Skirt, £3,600
– Manolo Blahnik BAFRI Pony Zebra + Beads Pump, £975
– Earrings, bracelet and ring model’s own
How to… wear leopard print for any occasion without looking like Kat Slater
Sian Lilly (Look 1)
Melissa Koole (Look 2)
Jordan and Loanne Collyer (Look 3)
Emily Wood @Creativesagency
Produced and directed by: