Austin is an artistic oasis in the middle of sprawling Texas. It attracts musicians, writers, artists, and those who like to grab life by the horns. Whether you’re visiting Austin for a vibrant weekend getaway or setting up camp for the long haul, the city has lots to do and share with others.
We’ve got some unconventional and enticing captions for your next Austin Instagram shot.
City Nicknames and Slogans
A colorful city needs some colorful slogans. These nicknames really show what Austin is all about.
- City of the Violent Crown
- Capital City
- River City
- Bat City
- Silicon Hills
- People’s Republic of Austin
- Moscow on the Colorado
- Blueberry in Tomato Soup
- Keep Austin Weird
- Born Austinite
Sound like a genuine local with some of these unique turns of phrase.
- You can’t beat that with a stick.
- More twists than a pretzel factory.
- You can take that to the bank.
- You can bet the farm on it.
- Brave enough to eat in a boomtown cafe.
- So dry the birds are building their nests out of barbed wire.
- Panting like a lizard on a hot rock.
- We’ll paint the town and the front porch.
Anyone who knows anything about Austin is aware of its eclectic music scene. Take your favorite shot from a local concert and pair it with one of these captions or quotes.
- Old Settler’s Music Festival
- Urban Music Festival
- Austin Reggae Festival
- Levitation Music Festival
- Austin City Limits
- Good food. Better music.
- South By Southwest (SXSW)
- Music is a piece of art that goes in the ears straight to the heart.
- Turn up the volume and close your eyes.
- Good music never expires.
- Unless you’re music, I don’t want to listen to you.
- “Music gives a soul to the universe.” – Plato
- “The only truth is music.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Where words fail, music speaks.” – Hans Christian Anderson
- “Music can change the world, because it can change people.” – Bono
- “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley
If you’re not going for the tunes, then you must be going for the cowboys. After all, who doesn’t love to get a little country now and again?
- This ain’t my first rodeo.
- Rodeo Austin
- Just tell me I’m pretty and give me a horse.
- When I’m in the arena, all I think about is my horse.
- Ride to live.
- Rodeo Queen
- I’d rather be at the rodeo.
- Saddle up!
- Trust in your horse.
- Rope your dreams.
- I’m not afraid of some dirt on my boots.
- “Life’s a rodeo, and all you have to do is stay in the saddle.” – George Jung
- “Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo, the trick is to ride and make it to the bell.” – John Fogerty
- “It’s the ropes and the reins, and the joy and the pain, and they call the thing a rodeo.” – Garth Brooks
- “A good old rodeo never hurt anyone.” – Taylor Kitsch
Everybody loves Austin. But don’t take our word for it…
- “People don’t live in Austin to work; they work there to live.” – Robert Rodriguez
- “There’s so much music in Austin, and it’s all so different.” – Gary Clark, Jr.
- “It’s Never Never Land. People don’t grow up there.” – Andrew Knowlton
- “Austin’s the first place I’ve ever lived where there’s a real sense of community.” – Ian McLagen
- “There’s a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas.”
Now the next time you find yourself getting a meat and three at Franklin’s Barbecue, you’ll know the perfect words to pair with that shot of spare ribs.